As part of our new A.C.T.I.O.N crime awareness project, we are offering parents and carers a free session with qualified Police Trainers and E-safety specialists, ‘The 2 Johns’, to help them to understand how young people are using the online world.
It will be held on Tuesday 1 November from 7pm-9pm at The Place, Pitsea Leisure Centre SS13 3DU. It is an adult only event and free refreshments will be provided.
Content is up to date and reflects the changing risks faced by young people in 2022 and how parents should approach the online arena.
The session will focus on all aspects of online safety, including:
• How young people often navigate around restrictions and use the internet without their parent/carer’s knowledge.
• The dangers in apps and games and solutions that parent/carers can adopt to help keep their children safe from grooming and bullying.
• How young people are influenced online, forming ideologies and views which can give them a skewed view of the world.
• How influencers work, which can lead young people to take part in dangerous challenges.
• Making the ‘Stranger Danger’ message current.
Places must be booked in advance – BOOK HERE
For more information on The 2 Johns visit their website