Thursday 30 November, 7pm-8.30pm at the Basildon Upper Academy, Wickford Avenue SS13 3HB
This free session with qualified Police Trainers and E-safety specialists, ‘The 2 Johns’, will look at the online world and how young people are using it.
Content is up to date and reflects the changing risks faced by young people in 2023 and how parents should approach the online arena.
The session will focus on all aspects of online safety, including:
• How young people often navigate around restrictions and use the internet without their parent/carer’s knowledge.
• The dangers in apps and games and solutions that parent/carers can adopt to help keep their children safe from grooming and bullying.
• How young people are influenced online, forming ideologies and views which can give them a skewed view of the world.
• How influencers work, which can lead young people to take part in dangerous challenges.
• Making the ‘Stranger Danger’ message current.
This is an adult only event and not suitable for children. It is free to attend and refreshments will be provided. Book tickets here